DIY Beauty and the Beast Party Ideas – Part 1
Are you wanting to plan a princess themed party for your little girl? Are you looking for Beauty and the Beast party ideas? You are in the right place!
Planning a party for your little princess should be enjoyable. She’s growing up and it’s normal for you to want to create memories for her.
Yet, there is so much information on “planning the perfect Disney Princess party,” especially when planning a Beauty and the Beasty themed party that it’s okay to feel overwhelming stress.
I don’t want you to feel this way though, I want you to enjoy the time you have with your little girl. So, I went ahead and found you the best of the best in ways of ideas and shopping supplies to make this party a reality. Even on a tight budget.
In Part 1 of this tutorial, we will discuss preparing and planning for invitations and decorations. Part 2 will cover all you need to know about food ideas and games. Finally, we will finish in Part 3 with prizes & gift bags, and thank you cards without breaking the bank.
Without further adieu, “Be Our Guest” in reading through the list to start planning your party!
DIY Beauty and the Beast Party Ideas
There are several options for invitations and it’s a matter of personal preference and how much time you want to spend on this section.
For Belle and Beast themed invitations:
- Beauty and the Beast ‘Dream Big’ Invitations w/ Envelopes (8ct)
- Custom Birthday Party Invitation – Beauty and the Beast, Personalized
- Custom Birthday Party Invitation II – Beauty and the Beast, Personalized
For DIY invitation ideas:
If you’re wanting to decorate your own invitations then you will need the following:
- Cardstock gold paper, cardstock yellow paper, cardstock white paper – I recommend cardstock instead of standard paper because the invitation will be firm and easier for little hands.
- Clipart of Belle to include on your invitation.
- A great deal of the images come from Clipartfest.com where you can easily download a variety of images.
- Other ideas to consider: the Beauty and the Beast theme colors include: yellow and blue. You could do some fun things with polka dots, font colors, and more.
The Information you’ll want to include on your invitations:
- Your child’s name (& age they’re turning)
- The purpose of the party (i.e. a birthday party)
- Day, date, and time of the party
- Include the location and name of the place (i.e. Emma’s house at (address) ….)
- RSVP information
- Dress code (if you’d like the guests to dress a certain way)
- PROOF READ ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Envelopes – A7 size, is one of the most popular invitation envelope sizes. This size fits standard 5 x 7 cards and comes in a variety of colors.
A great place to start decorating is where the food will be held and any other table(s) that the guests will be sitting to eat or do crafts.
For bright, eye-catching themed table clothes you will want to stay with the color yellow (especially for a Belle focus party). I would encourage you to put a white plastic tablecloth underneath and then the yellow on top for a double-layer effect.
- Yellow plastic tablecloth (rectangle) – 108″ x 54″
- Round yellow plastic tablecloth – 84″
- White plastic tablecloth (rectangle) – 108″ x 54″
- Round white plastic tablecloth – 84″
- There are several quantity options when it comes to yellow balloons. If you’re only going to need 12 balloons then I would go with these yellow latex helium quality wedding balloons.
- If you know you will need more than you can do 100 yellow latex metallic balloons (12″).
- After your balloons are blown up and secure, you will want to add blue ribbon (in a bow fashion) to the bottom of the balloon.
- A blue wired ribbon (remember the wired) will help keep the ribbon holding shape and in place. This royal blue 1-1/2 inch ribbon would be PERFECT to compliment your yellow balloons.
You can add the center piece at the main table where you will be placing the food and/or on the other tables as well. If you have some flower vases already at home, I would pull them out, wash them, and put them to good use (to save you more money).
- A 17″ artificial/fake red rose
- Bell jars are gorgeous but they are very pricey, especially the bigger in size that you want. If you still want a bell jar, here is what I found:
- Otherwise, a standard flower vase will do perfectly for your rose.
For Belle and Beast themed eatery:
- Beauty and the Beast Standard Tableware Kit (serves 8) – includes; paper napkins, paper cups, forks, knives, spoons, and plates.
- Beauty and the Beast Deluxe Tableware Kit (serves 8) – includes all that is listed in the Standard kit plus 12 candles and 2 streamers.
For DIY eatery:
- Large yellow paper plates
- Small blue paper plates – place the blue plate on top of the yellow plate for a “double layer” look.
- Yellow napkins
- Blue silverware (forks, spoons, knives) – Here is a combo pack so you don’t have to worry about ordering individually – I would encourage you to wrap the silverware in the napkins and secure with a thin blue ribbon.
- Yellow plastic cups or blue plastic cups (you can also rotate this color for every other person to add more personality to the table).
I know this can seem like a ton of information, even being broken down (hence why this post is split into 3 parts). But once you decide if you want to spend extra and order specifically the Disney themed items or if you want to do it yourself, you will eliminate the majority of your stress.
I will strongly encourage you to include members of your family to help you with writing, planning, and preparing this party.
Be on the look out for Part 2 and Part 3 of the DIY Beauty and the Beast party ideas. In the meantime, sign-up for our weekly newsletter to be the first to know when part 2 is available in this series.
What type of party is your child wanting? Or what are they looking forward to the most at their Beauty and the Beasty Party? Leave a comment below and let us know!
This post contains affiliate links at no cost to you. Thank you for your support of the Home Faith Family community. If you have any questions, please send me an email or read my disclosure policy here.
Get Your Free Cookbook
Download your free copy of our 7 freezer meals recipes (easy & delicious breakfast recipes) and sign-up for our weekly newsletter.
As a thank you + bonus, we are also sending you our grocery list and weekly menu planners, FREE!