As Mother’s Day approaches each year, we look for special ways to honor and appreciate the mothers in our lives.
Whether you are a daughter or son looking for meaningful words to express your love for that special someone, or a friend grateful for their selfless guidance, finding the right quote can be challenging — but it doesn’t have to be!
Here you’ll find timeless quotes dedicated to celebrating this special day of recognizing all the hardworking moms out there.
From funny phrases and heartfelt texts, these Mothers Day quotes serve as an excellent starting point so that this holiday can become even more meaningful than ever before.
- 75 Happy Mothers Day Quotes For Friends and Family In 2023
- Happy Mother’s Day Messages For Friends and Family
- Inspiring Mother’s Day Messages To Friends
- Timeless Happy Mother’s Day Messages
- Funny Mother’s Day Quotes To Friends and Family
- Happy Mother’s Day Quotes For Friends and Family
- Short Mother’s Day Text Messages To A Friend
- Happy Mother’s Day Wishes For Your Aunt
75 Happy Mothers Day Quotes For Friends and Family In 2023
This mother’s day, let’s show appreciation to all the wonderful moms in our lives with these happy Mothers Day quotes.
1. “A mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters even though the heart is breaking.” – Helen Rice
2. “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother.” – Unknown
3. “Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind.” – Kahil Gibran
4. “There is no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
6. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore de Balzac
7. “My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.” – Mark Twain
8. “Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, comrades and friends—but only one mother in the whole world.” – Kate Douglas Wiggin
9. “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” – Michael Jordan
10. “No matter how old you get, sometimes you still just need a hug from mom to make everything better.” – Unknown
Happy Mother’s Day Messages For Friends and Family
Share these Mothers Day messages with your friends and family to let them know how much you care.
11. “To an amazing mother and the best mom I know. Happy Mothers Day!”
12. “Mom, you mean the world to me and I love you so much.”
13. “Thanks for always being there when I need a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen. You’re the best friend this kid could ask for. May God bless you this mother’s day and always.”
14. “Wishing a dear friend the best mother’s day ever! I hope you have a very happy mother’s day.”
15. “You’re a great mom and a true friend. Wishing you all the love, joy, and blessings this Mother’s Day.”
16. “A million hugs to wish you a Happy Mother’s Day! You’re an amazing mom and a great friend.”
17. “Moms are like the stars that light up our lives — always there to guide us along the way. Happy Mothers Day!”
18. “I hope these happy mother’s day wishes bring you lots of love and joy. You’re a wonderful mom and a wonderful friend. Thank you for all that you do!”
19. “Mom, thank you for always being there for me through thick and thin. I will forever be grateful for your unconditional love and support. I hope you have a very happy mother’s day.”
20. “The best thing about having a mom like you is that I can always count on you for anything and everything. You have been there for me through it all. Wishing you the best mother’s day ever!”
Inspiring Mother’s Day Messages To Friends
21. “Please know these warm wishes are being sent your way. You deserve the best this Mothers Day!”
22. “You give so much of yourself every day, and that’s why I want to say thank you on this Mother’s Day. I hope you have a great time with your family this year.”
23. “You have such a kind and generous mother’s heart — may it be filled with sunshine and joy this mothers day!”
24. “You are an incredible mother and friend, and I’m so thankful to have you in my life. I hope this Mothers Day is filled with love and happiness for you.”
25. “You are an awesome mom and the beautiful thing is you don’t even try. You just naturally have what it takes to make a great mother. Wishing you lots of love, hugs and kisses this Mothers Day!”
26. “You are a special, kind and devoted mom — always putting others before yourself. May your Mother’s Day be filled with relaxation and joy.”
27. “I hope you have a great mother’s day. You are a wonderful person and the truest friend anyone could ask for. I appreciate all you do for me every day.”
28. “A mother’s love has no limits — it transcends time, space and all understanding. Wishing you an incredibly special Mothers Day!”
29. “To someone who is more than a mom — thank you for being a mentor, guide and best friend. Have the happiest of Mothers Days this year.”
30. “One of the hardest jobs on Earth is being a mom, and you make it look easy. May your Mother’s Day be filled with all the love you deserve. I hope you have a great mother’s day.”
Timeless Happy Mother’s Day Messages
31. “A mom is the first friend, teacher and confidante a child will ever have. That’s why I’m wishing you the very best this Mothers Day.”
32. “Wishing you a wonderful Mother’s Day full of blessings and joy! You are an amazing mother, and we all love you.”
33. “Mom, even time cannot fade away your kind and gentle love. Have a beautiful mother’s day!”
34. “I know it’s your first mother’s day, and I want to wish you the best of luck in this wonderful journey. Congratulations!”
35. “A mother’s love is never ending, it starts from the very beginning and lasts until the end. Wishing you a very happy Mother’s Day!”
36. “You are your child’s first friend, teacher, and mentor. May you have a fantastic Mother’s Day filled with lots of love and laughs!”
37. “Your love for your family is an infinite source of joy and energy — wishing you a very special mother’s Day.”
38. “No matter where life takes us, no one can ever replace from a loving friend. I hope you have a wonderful mother’s day with your beautiful family.”
39. “You are doing a wonderful job being such a loving mother to your children. You’re the best listener, a strong woman, and your to-do list is never-ending. Have a great Mother’s Day!”
Funny Mother’s Day Quotes To Friends and Family
40. “Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom around. Who else could make coffee, listen to our problems, and judge us all at the same time?”
41. “Thank you for being my mom — without you I’d also have to do my own laundry.”
42. “To the world’s most amazing mother, who always knows how to remind me of my mistakes in the most creative way. Have an awesome Mother’s Day!”
43. “Happy Mothers Day to the one who taught us everything — from tying our shoelaces to getting out of tight spots or awkward conversations.”
44. “Thank you for being a loving mother and friend — I don’t know what I’d do without all the funny advice and sarcastic comments you give me.”
45. “Happy Mothers Day to the woman who always knows when we need a hug — and when we need to be left alone.”
46. “Here’s wishing a fantastic Mother’s Day to someone who can do it all — from cooking meals to solving problems — and still have the time to shower love on us.”
47. “Mom, you always know how to make me laugh, even when I’m feeling down. Thanks for being such an amazing mother and friend!”
48. “Happy Mother’s Day to the one who has taught us that laughter is the best medicine. Here’s to a day filled with joy and laughter!”
49. “No one could ever replace the special bond I have with you, Mom — wishing you an amazing Mother’s Day full of love and laughter.”
Happy Mother’s Day Quotes For Friends and Family
The best way to share your love and appreciation for the special women in your life is with beautiful messages.
Here are some quotes to make them feel extra special on this day:
51. “Every day I wake up, I am thankful for having such an amazing woman in my life who is called ‘mother’ by so many.”
50. “Mothers are the heart of the home and you have done an incredible job keeping our family together. Wishing you a happy and peaceful Mother’s Day.”
51. “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.” – James E. Faust
52. “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
53. “A mother’s hug lasts long after she lets go.” – Unknown
54. “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.” – Mildred B. Vermont
55. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” — Robert Browning
56. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” — Victor Hugo
57. “The most important thing a mother can give her children is unconditional love.” – Unknown
58. “To the world, you are a Mother but to your family, you are the world.” – Unknown
59. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
60. “A mother’s love never ages.” – Unknown
Short Mother’s Day Text Messages To A Friend
61. “The most important things a mother can do for her children is to love them and support them throughout their lives. And you’re doing exactly this! Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!”
62. “Having you as a friend and being able to call you my mom has been the greatest joy of my life. Happy Mother’s Day!”
63. “You are an inspiration to me, mom, and a good friend too. Wishing you a day full of joy and love on this special Mother Day.”
64. “No one can fill your shoes, mom. You are amazing! Have a beautiful Mother’s Day!”
65. “Happy Mother’s Day to the most amazing friend and mom I could ever ask for! Have the best mother’s day ever!”
66. “Thank you for all of your hard work and being such an incredible role model in my life. I hope you have the happiest of Mother’s Days!”
67. “You are truly a blessing in my life, mom! Wishing you all the joys of motherhood on this great mother’s day and every day.”
68. “A big part of my favorite memories include you. I am so thankful and blessed to call you my mom! Happy Mother’s Day!”
69. “The love of a mother is irreplaceable. Wishing you a day of love and gratitude this Mother’s Day!”
Happy Mother’s Day Wishes For Your Aunt
70. You hold a special place in my heart, auntie. Wishing you a beautiful Mother’s Day full of love and joy!”
71. “You are an amazing woman and the best Aunt I could ever ask for! Happy Mother’s Day to you!”
72. “Your unconditional love and kindness make you the most special person in our life! Have a happy mom’s day.”
73. “I’m sending you this big hug and lots of love on this special day from your favorite child! Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!”
74. “You’re one of the best mother figures to come into my life. Your tenderness and care make you the best aunt in the world too! Have the best mother’s day ever!”
75. “I know this is your first mother’s day, and I wish you all the love and joy in your new role. You’re going to be an amazing mother.”
Mother’s Day is a special occasion to recognize the incredible love and sacrifice of our moms and all the other special moms in our lives.
By finding the perfect quote that captures their beautiful spirit, we can bring out a moment of joy on this very meaningful day.
Fortunately, there is a wide range of quotes to choose from, making it easy for you to find the best words to express your gratitude and appreciation of these amazing women in your life.
Whether you are looking for something funny or heartfelt, use these Mothers Day quotes as a starting point to craft an unforgettable message for your beloved mother, grandmother or close friend.
So celebrate Mother’s Day with the special words you’ll find in this post and share them on social media so that everyone can find the perfect mother’s day quote for their friends and family.
Micah Klug is a wife, homeschooling mother to five children, and author. She teaches time-tested solutions to help parents remember what matters most in life, including strengthening their home, faith, and family relationships. To learn how a child who grew up in an authoritarian home is now creating an environment of peace and joy in her own home visit this page. If you want to contact Micah, send her an email here or email [email protected].