Getting to know a guy can be a daunting task, especially if you are looking for something more than just a casual fling. You want to make sure that you are on the same page and heading in the same direction before investing too much time and energy into the relationship. The best way to do this is to ask him directly about his intentions.
100 Major Questions To Ask A Guy To Know His Intentions
While it can be scary to have this conversation, it is important to know where you both stand before things get too serious. And the experience doesn’t need to make you feel like you’re playing good cop/bad cop either. You can ask these questions in a casual manner as a way to get to know him better.
How Can You Tell a Guy’s True Intentions?
Here are some questions to ask a guy to get to the bottom of his intentions and why these questions need to be at the top of your list.
1. What are you looking for in a relationship?
The answer he gives you to this question will tell you what kind of relationship he’s looking for. If he’s only interested in a casual hookup, he’ll likely avoid talking about anything too serious. On the other hand, if he’s interested in something more long-term, he’ll be more likely to talk about things like commitment and monogamy.
Then you can decide if this is a guy who is worth investing your time in or not.
2. What are you looking for in a partner?
This is a very similar question to the one above, but it’s important to ask nonetheless. His answer will give you an idea of what he values in a partner and what kind of relationship he’s looking for. If he’s only interested in looks, then he’s likely not looking for anything serious. But if he talks about things like personality and intelligence, then he might be worth getting to know better.
3. What are your long-term goals?
This question will help you gauge where he sees himself in the future and what kind of plans he has for his life. If he doesn’t have any long-term goals, then he’s probably not looking for anything serious. But if he does have long-term goals, then he might be worth getting to know better.
4. What kind of lifestyle do you want?
This question will help you understand what kind of lifestyle he wants and whether or not it is compatible with your own. If he wants a fast-paced life of travel and parties, then he’s probably not looking for anything serious. But if he wants a more settled lifestyle, then he might be worth getting to know better.
5. What do you think about getting married?
This question will help you understand his views on marriage and whether or not he is looking for something long-term. If he doesn’t want to get married, then he’s probably not looking for anything serious. However, if he does want to get married, then getting to know him better could be a beneficial step forward if he’s someone you think you’d make this enormous commitment with.
6. What do you think about children?
This question will help you understand his views on children and whether he has an affinity for fatherhood. It’s important to know for yourself how you feel about children before committing to a serious relationship as well.
Children are a joy but they’re also stressful and will test your relationship (in a good way). The last thing you want is to get into a serious relationship with someone who isn’t on the same page as you when it comes to children.
7. What are your relationship deal breakers?
This question will help you understand what he’s not looking for in a relationship. If he’s not looking for something serious, he might mention that he doesn’t want to deal with drama or arguments. Or, if he’s not looking for anything long-term, he might say that he doesn’t want to be exclusive.
8. What kind of relationship do you want?
This kind of question will help you determine quickly if he is a guy who is worth getting into a serious relationship with. If he’s looking for something casual, he’ll likely avoid talking about anything too serious. However, if he is looking for something more long-term, he will be more inclined to discuss topics like commitment and the future.
9. What are your thoughts on commitment?
This is a great question to ask if you’re looking for something long-term as it will help you gauge his level of commitment. If he’s not looking for anything serious, then he might avoid this topic altogether. However, if he is interested in something more long-term, then he will be more likely to talk about things like monogamy and exclusivity.
10. Where do you see yourself in the future?
This is another great question to ask if you’re looking for something long-term as it will help you understand his plans for the future. Does he have specific career, relationship, or family goals? Do you see yourself aligning with those same goals and hope for the future?
If he doesn’t have any specific plans, then he might not be looking for anything serious. However, if his plans do align with your own, then getting to know him better could be beneficial.
11. What are your relationship goals?
This question is similar to the one above but is more focused on relationships specifically. It will help you understand what he wants out of a relationship and whether or not those goals are compatible with your own.
If he’s looking for something casual, then he might skirt around this topic altogether. However, if he’s looking for something more long-term, then he will be more likely to talk about things like commitment, life goals, and future dreams.
12. What do you want out of this relationship?
This question is a great question to ask after the fifth or sixth date in your relationship. You’re getting to know each other better and you are starting to understand some of his personality quirks. It’s important to know what he wants out of the relationship so that you can gauge whether or not you’re on the same page.
If you want something serious and he doesn’t, then it might be time to move on before things become too serious. However, if you both want the same thing out of the relationship, then things are looking good for a future commitment.
13. What are your intentions with me?
Sometimes asking this question in an open and honest manner can save you a lot of time and heartache in the long run. If he’s not looking for anything serious, then he will likely be honest about that with you.
However, if he is interested in something more long-term, then he will be more likely to talk about his feelings for you and where he sees the relationship going.
If he says he is wanting a serious relationship then his actions will reflect his words. It’s important to remember that both his words and his choices need to reflect the same level of commitment for complete honesty.
14. What are you expecting from me in this relationship?
This question is a great way to get an understanding of what he is looking for in a relationship. It will help you gauge whether or not his expectations are realistic and if they align with your own.
Don’t be afraid to ask him these questions, even if it seems like you’re putting him on the spot. It’s better to know where you stand sooner rather than later. And if he isn’t ready for something serious, it’s better to find out now before things get too complicated.
These are just some questions to get you started but the most important thing is to pay attention to his answers and how they make you feel. If his answers make you feel uncomfortable or like he’s not being honest with you, then he’s probably not someone you want to pursue a relationship with. However, if his answers make you feel excited and hopeful for the future, then he could be someone worth investing in.
More Critical Questions To Ask A Guy To Know His Intentions
Here are more questions you can ask a guy to get to know his intentions. These questions are great conversation starters and will help you get a better understanding of where he sees things going.
15. How important is family to you?
16. What is one thing on your bucket list that you want to accomplish this year?
17. What are your thoughts on marriage?
18. Do you want kids? If so, how many?
19. What is your definition of a successful relationship?
20. What kind of things do you like to do for fun?
21. What are your hobbies?
22. What kind of things do you like to do on dates?
23. What is your idea of a romantic evening?
24. How do you like to spend your weekends?
25. What kind of things do you like to do for relaxation or recreation?
The Princess and the Frog is one of the most popular Disney movies of all time. If your sweetheart is a fan of the movie, then you’ll love to impress her with these Princess and the Frog quotes.
26. What is the most important thing you’re looking for in a partner?
27. What are your deal breakers in a relationship?
28. Are most of your friends in serious or casual relationships?
29. Have any of your friends started settling down?
After 5 Dates Questions To Ask A Guy To Know His Intentions
The following questions are perfect to ask your man after your fifth date where you can decide if this is one relationship worth investing your time into:
30. What is your favorite memory of us so far?
31. What are you looking forward to doing with me in the future?
32. Do you see this relationship going anywhere?
33. What are your intentions with me?
34. What did you learn from your last relationship?
35. What are you expecting from me in this relationship?
36. If you could have three wishes for the future what would they be?
37. What is the most important thing you’re looking for in a partner?
38. What are your deal breakers in a relationship?
39. What kind of things do you like to do on dates?
40. What is your idea of a romantic evening?
41. What’s the most significant love lesson you have learned?
42. Are you content with your love life at the moment?
Specific Dating Questions To Ask A Guy To Determine A Potential Future With Him
The following are specific dating questions to ask a guy on the first date to determine if there is potential for a future with him:
43. What kind of things do you like to do for fun?
44. What are your hobbies?
45. What is one thing you wish people knew about you?
46. How would you describe yourself both physically and personality wise?
47. What kind of things do you like to do on dates?
48. What is your definition of a successful relationship?
49. How did your last relationship end?
50. What has been the hardest trial you have gone through? And what did you learn?
51. What’s the most important thing you’ve learnt from your Mom?
52. When do you think you know that you’re ready to get married?
53. Who is one celebrity you would want to date?
54. How do you think people change when they’re in a relationship?
55. What are your thoughts on premarital sex?
56. Do you believe that soulmates exist?
Questions To Ask A Guy To Know If He Is Serious About You
The following are questions to ask a guy if you want to know if he is serious about you:
57. What would you say is my biggest pet peeve?
58. How would you describe me in three words?
59. How do you feel we would be if we went through a hard time together, like the loss of a family member or job?
60. How do you see us changing or evolving in the future?
61. If you could date two girls at once, with neither of them ever knowing about the other, would you do it?
62. Do you have a good relationship with your Mom?
63. What are some of the things you wish a girl knew before dating you?
64. How long did your last relationship last?
More Questions To Ask A Guy To Know Him Deeper
The following are more questions that you can ask a guy to get to know him deeper:
65. How do you think people see me?
66. What kind of things make you feel uncomfortable?
67. What is the best and worst romantic decision you have ever made?
68. Do you like animals or have any pets?
69. What is your favorite color?
70. What is your favorite food?
71. What is your favorite movie genre?
72. Who is your favorite actor or actress?
73. What is your favorite type of music?
74. Do you prefer to go out or stay in on your days off?
75. How much do you like to spend when you go out?
76. Are you a morning person or night owl?
77. Do you like to plan things out or be more spontaneous?
78. What kind of things do you like to do for relaxation or recreation?
79. Do you prefer warmer or cooler weather?
80. Do you like the city or countryside more?
81. What is your idea of a perfect vacation?
82. Do you prefer active vacations or more low key ones?
83. Do you like to be alone or do you feel antsy and lonely when by yourself?
84. What is your favorite season?
85. What kind of things do you like to do for fun?
86. What are your hobbies?
87. What kinds of books do you like to read?
88. Do you prefer movies, TV shows, or video games?
89. Do you like spending time with friends and family or would you rather be on your own most of the time?
More Bonus Questions To Ask A Guy
90. Are there any topics that you are passionate about but other people tend to find boring?
91. What is one thing that you wish people knew about you?
92. Do you have any siblings or are you an only child?
93. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
94. Do you believe in ghosts or monsters?
95. What is one place that you have always wanted to visit but haven’t had the chance yet?
96. Do you prefer to stick to conventional ideas and beliefs or be more open minded and progressive?
97. Are you a dog person, cat person, or neither?
98. Would you rather live in the countryside or in a big city?
99. Do you like to start your day with a big breakfast or do you prefer to just have a coffee and get going?
100. What is your favorite type of food?
When Should You Ask a Guy What His Intentions Are?
Ideally, you should wait until after at least a few dates before asking him what his intentions are. This way you can get to know him better and see if there is potential for something more before having the talk.
If you feel like the relationship is progressing well and want to know where it is headed, then asking him about his intentions can give you a better idea of where things are going.
Confronting A Guy About His Intentions
If you have been dating a guy for awhile and he has not brought up what his intentions are, then it may be time to have a talk with him about it. This can be a difficult conversation to have, but it is important to know where you stand with him.
You can broach the subject by asking him what he wants out of the relationship and where he sees it going. If he is not ready to talk about his intentions, then you may need to reassess the situation and decide if you want to continue dating him.
It’s best if you ask your man these questions in person rather than over the phone or over text. You’ll have a better understanding of his body language and be able to gauge his reaction better. Plus, he’ll be more likely to open up and have a real conversation with you if you’re face-to-face.
The most important thing is that you communicate with each other openly and honestly to ensure that you’re on the same page. If you’re not, then it may be time to move on.
How Do I Get Him To Confess His Feelings?
There is no surefire way to get a guy to confess his feelings, but there are certain things you can do to increase the likelihood of it happening. First, try spending more time with him and getting to know him better.
The more comfortable he feels around you, the more likely he is to open up about his feelings. You can also try expressing your own feelings for him and seeing how he reacts. If he is receptive to your confession, then that may encourage him to reciprocate.
Ultimately, though, you will just have to wait and see if he eventually decides to confess his feelings on his own.
How To Know His Intentions Through Text
If you’re trying to figure out a guy’s intentions through texting, then there are a few things you can look for. First, see how often he texts you and what he says in his messages.
If he only texts you sporadically and his messages are short and vague, then it’s likely that he’s not that interested.
On the other hand, if he texts you frequently and puts effort into his messages, then it’s a good sign that he’s interested in you. Another thing to look for is how quickly he responds to your texts. If he takes a long time to reply, then it could mean that he’s not that invested in the conversation. However, if he replies quickly, then it’s a good sign that he’s eager to talk to you.
Here are some fun and flirty text messages for him you can send when you’re wanting to flirt with him next.
What Are Some Red Flags That He’s Not Serious About Me?
There are a few key red flags that may indicate that a guy is not serious about you. First, if he is not interested in getting to know you on a deeper level or talking about his own feelings, then that may be a sign that he’s not looking for anything serious.
Additionally, if he frequently cancels plans or shows up late, that may also be an indication that he’s not taking the relationship seriously. Lastly, if he regularly goes out drinking or partying without you, it may mean that he’s not ready to settle down. If you notice any of these red flags, then it may be best to move on.
What If He says He Needs Time To Think About His Feelings?
If a guy tells you that he needs time to think about his feelings, it may mean that he’s not ready to commit to a relationship. It’s important to respect his decision and give him the space he needs. If you pressure him into confessing his feelings or making a decision, it may only push him away further.
Instead, try to have an open and honest conversation with him about where things are going and see if he is willing to talk about his feelings. If he still needs more time, then you may need to reassess the situation and decide if you’re willing to wait for him.
What Are Some Signs He Wants A Serious Relationship?
There are a few key signs that may indicate that a guy wants a serious relationship. First, if he frequently talks about his feelings or future plans, that may be a sign that he’s ready to settle down.
Additionally, if he introduces you to his friends and family or starts making long-term plans with you, those are also good indications that he’s serious about the relationship. Lastly, if he expresses interest in meeting your parents or spending holidays with you, that is usually a clear sign that he wants things to get more serious.
Looking For More Questions?
Here are 70 amazing questions for couples who want to be closer in their relationship.
Want some more relaxing (and a little bit silly) moments in your relationship? These 50+ would you rather questions for couples are perfect for a fun date night activity.
Micah Klug is a wife, homeschooling mother to five children, and author. She teaches time-tested solutions to help parents remember what matters most in life, including strengthening their home, faith, and family relationships. To learn how a child who grew up in an authoritarian home is now creating an environment of peace and joy in her own home visit this page. If you want to contact Micah, send her an email here or email [email protected]