Are you searching for gift ideas for kids that doesn’t include toys? Whether it’s adorable clothes, craft supplies, or science experiments, there is a gift for everyone on your list this year.
The easiest thing to buy a kid is a toy.
You can easily find the loudest, shiniest, latest “thing” and bring it home to wrap up.
Then it’s one less gift you have to scrutinize and worry over because, honestly, what kid doesn’t love toys?!
But are toys really necessary? Truthfully, not always. My kid’s toybox is overflowing with all of their toys and it seems everytime we clean out the toybox, more toys appear.
This post contains affiliate links at no cost to you. Thank you for your support of the Home Faith Family community. If you have any questions, please send me an email or read my disclosure policy here.
Although toys are fun, they don’t have to be the only gifts given to kids.
The gift ideas for kids on this list are perfect for the fashionable, the artist, the adventurer, one who LOVES loads of glitter and sparkle, and the scientist.
Whether you’re buying a gift for Christmas or for a birthday, you’ll definitely find something you’ll love.
45 Gift Ideas For Kids You Can’t Live Without (That Doesn’t Include Toys)
Gift Ideas For The Fashionable
- Girls 5 Pack Cartoon Dog Cute Socks
- Fashion Headbands: Make 10 Unique Headbands
- Sewing School Book: 21 Sewing Projects Kids Will Love To Make
- Hair Chalks Set: 10 Colorful Hair Chalk Pens (Temporary Colors)
- Boys Fashion Socks – 18 Pair TeeHee Kids
- Cartoon Animal Calf Knee-High Socks
- Chiffon Flower with Pearl Hoop Headbands – these are super cute and would be perfect for anyone who loves their hair.
- Superhero Masks (Party Favors for Kids and Adults) – 12 pieces
- Cat Ear Headphones
- Pink Mermaid Tail Blanket (for adults and kids)
Gift Ideas For The Artist
11. 32 Pencil Eraser Zoo Animals
12. 64-Piece Premium Quality Art Set Designed for Kids
13. Eat, Sleep, Art, Repeat T-Shirt
14. 3D Pen For Kids – 3D Doodle Pen (3D Printing Pen) – This is COOL!
15. Comic Book Artist Guide (How-To Guide for comic book enthusiasts).
Gift Ideas For The Adventurer
16. Outdoor Adventure Set (includes folding binoculars, hand chargeable LED flashlight, spyglass, and compass).
17. Thomas & Friends Adventure Set (including telescope).
18. Adventures Around the Globe Book (packed full of maps, activities, and stickers).
19. Outdoor Exploration Kit for Hiking and Camping
20. Digital Camo Waterproof Military Sports Watch for Boys
21. Kids Walkie Talkie Two Way Radio with 22 channels.
22. The Travel Book (a walk through every country in the world).
23. Emergency Survival Gear Kit – 10 in 1 Outdoor Survival Tools (I would strongly encourage this gift to be given to older kids who have an understanding of the contents of this kit).
24. Light-up Terrarium Kit (create your own mini garden in a jar).
25. Kids Action Video Sports Cam (underwater safe and remote included). This gift is perfect if your kid wants a Go-Pro but you don’t want to pay the high price.
Gift Ideas For The Glitter & Sparkle Fan
26. Glitter Nail Art Set – perfect for older kids.
27. Glitter Sparkle Tape for DIY/Crafts. Set of 20.
28. 7″ Jumbo Cheer Elastic Hair Ponytails – 4 pieces. This is perfect for your little cheerleader or for anyone who loves big and sparkle.
29. 19-pieces of Kids Rings (imitation gem glitter). If you have a kid who LOVES dress-up, sparkle, and princess, then you’ll not want to miss this one.
30. Unicorn Sparkle Flower Headband with Gold Glitter.
31. 20-pack Super Glitter Colored Gel Pens.
32. 6 Crayola Glitter Markers.
33. Life Won’t Sparkle Unless You Do! Kids Glitter T-Shirt. (There are a variety of cute colors in this shirt from blue, yellow, grey, pink, and black).
34. She Believed She Could So She Did – gold foil art print (modern wall art poster). 5 inches x 7 inches.
35. Unicorn Sparkle Squad Glitter Captain Kids T-Shirt in a variety of colors.
Gift Ideas For The Scientist
36. The Scientific Explorer: My First Mind Blowing Science Kit. (There are several different options to choose from pending on your child’s age and how many experiments you want them to have access to).
37. Microscope for Kids and Science Beginners Kit.
38. 4M Magnet Science Kit. (For the kid who LOVES magnets and is curious about life).
39. Fizz! Chemistry Science Kit with 32 Experiments (perfect for older kids over the age of 8).
40. Shark Tooth Dig Kit by National Geographic. Become a shark scientist as you learn about sharks, their teeth, and have to excavate these fossils.
41. Educational Insights: Nancy B’s Science Club Stir-It-Up Chemistry Lab and Kitchen Experiments Journal. (This one looks amazing!) If you have a child who loves chemistry (or maybe is struggling to learn the subject), then this hands-on gift would be perfect for them.
42. Mad Scientist On Call Metal Sign. This one is perfect if your child needs a little extra decor in their room to reflect their inner scientist.
43. Child’s Lab Coat (sizes vary). It’s 3/4 length and white.
44. Science Microscope Kit with LED and up to 1200x magnification.
45. Crystal Growing Kits. There is a variety of colors to choose from including, blue, purple, red, and glow-in-the-dark.
Did you find a favorite gift idea on this list? Which one was your favorite? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Strengthen Your Marriage With This Free ebook!
100+ Questions to Strengthen Your Relationship.
Grab your FREE copy, TODAY!