Thanksgiving Day is a time for family, friends, and of course, lots of food.
But it’s also a great opportunity to share some laughs with your kids.
Here are some Thanksgiving jokes for kids you can share this November that will have them giggling all afternoon.
Funny Turkey Jokes For Kids
1. Why did the turkey cross the road? To get away from the farmer!
2. Why did the turkey cross the road twice? To prove he wasn’t a chicken!
3. What sound does a turkey’s phone make? Wing, Wing! Wing, Wing!
4. What do you call it when it rains turkeys? Fowl weather!
5. What is it called when a turkey fumbles in football? A fowl play.
6. How are a turkey, a donkey, and a monkey alike? They all have keys.
7. How did the turkey get home for Thanksgiving? She took the gravy train.
8. What do you call a turkey on the day after Thanksgiving? Lucky!
9. If you call a big turkey a gobbler, what do you call a small one? A goblet.
Funny Jokes About Thanksgiving Food
10. What happened when the turkey got into a fight? He got the stuffing knocked out of him!
11. Who is not hungry at Thanksgiving? The turkey because he’s already stuffed!
12. Why should you never set the turkey next to the dessert? Because he will gobble, gobble it up!
13. What’s the most musical part of a turkey? The drumstick.
14. What is a turkey’s favorite dessert? Peach gobbler!
15. What’s the key to a great Thanksgiving dinner? The turKEY.
16. What are unhappy cranberries called? Blueberries!
17. Why did Matt come to school late after Thanksgiving? He assumed with because of Black Friday he had the day half off!
Funny Jokes About Pilgrims
18. What did pilgrims use to make cookies? May flour!
19. What kind of music did the pilgrims listen to? Plymouth Rock!
20. What kind of cars would pilgrims drive today? Plymouths.
21. If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims!
22. What did the Pilgrim wear to Thanksgiving dinner? A Har-VEST.
23. What do you get when you cross a Mayflower passenger with a cracker? A pil-graham.
24. What did one turkey say to the other when they saw the Pilgrims land at Plymouth rock? They look nice. Maybe they’ll have us over for dinner.
25. Could Pilgrims jump higher than their houses? Of course – houses can’t jump at all.
26. When did the Pilgrims first say “God bless America”? The first time they heard America sneeze!
27. What does a Pilgrim call his best friend? A pal-grim
Funny Turkey Day Jokes
28. What did the mother turkey say to her misbehaving children? If your father could see you now, he’d turn over in his gravy!
29. Why did the Pilgrims land on Plymouth Rock? Because it was too heavy to carry any farther!
30. Where do most turkeys live? Fowl places!
31. How did Albert Einstein celebrate Thanksgiving? He was very thinkful.
32. Why can’t you take a turkey to church? Because they use such FOWL language.
33. Why did they let the turkey join the band? Because he had the drumsticks.
34. What did the turkey say to the hunter on Thanksgiving? “Quack.”
35. It’s already Thanksgiving again, because time flies — even if turkeys don’t.
36. How does a limping turkey walk? It wobble, wobbles.
Thanksgiving Turkey Puns
37. Which side of the turkey has the most feathers? The outside!
38. Why do turkeys gobble? Because they can’t talk!
39. What sound does a turkey make in space? Hubble Hubble
40. Why can’t you take a turkey to church? Because they use such FOWL language.
41. Can a turkey jump higher than the Empire State Building? Yes because buildings can’t jump.
42. Why were the turkeys parading down the street? They were marching to the beat of their own drumsticks.
Thanksgiving Knock-Knock Jokes
43. Knock knock.
Mayflower landed in Plymouth Harbor.
44. Knock, knock!
Arthur any leftovers?
45. Knock, knock!
Butter open up quick, I have a funny Thanksgiving joke to tell you!
46. Knock, knock!
Handsome gravy to me, please.
47. Knock knock.
Philgrims came over on the Mayflower.
48. Knock, knock!
Olive the stuffing, too!
49. Knock, knock.
Aida lot more than I should have!
50. Knock Knock.
Wil Ma make lots of food again this Thanksgiving?
51. Knock Knock
Thanks for giving us this feast!
52. Knock, knock.
Gladys Thanksgiving. Aren’t you?
53. Who’s there?
Norma Lee who?
Norma Lee I don’t eat this much!
Clean Turkey Jokes – One-liners
54. When is the best time to eat turkey? When someone else cooked it and it’s on the dinner table!
55. Fruit comes from a fruit tree, so where does turkey come from? A poul-tree.
56. Why shouldn’t you look at the turkey dressing? Because it will make him blush.
57. Why did the turkey refuse dessert? He was stuffed.
58. What type of glass does a turkey drink from? A gobblet.
59. Why did the police arrest the turkey? They suspected fowl play.
60. What is the best dance to do on Thanksgiving? The turkey trot.
Hilarious Turkey Dad Jokes
61. My family told me to stop telling Thanksgiving jokes, but I told them I couldn’t just quit “cold turkey.”
62. What did the turkey say to the computer? “Google, google, google!”
63. What made the cranberries go red? Seeing the turkey dressing.
64. What does a vampire call Thanksgiving? Fangs-giving.
65. When does pumpkin pie come before turkey? When you’re looking at a dictionary.
66. Why did the Pilgrim eat a candle? He wanted a light snack!
67. What do you call a running turkey? Fast food!
68. What role do green beans play in Thanksgiving dinner? The casse-role.
69. Why did the turkey cross the road? Because it was the chicken’s day off!
70. A man planned to bring sweet potatoes to Thanksgiving dinner, but he sat on them. What did he bring instead? Squash!
Now that you have a few clean thanksgiving jokes for kids up your sleeve, break them out at the holiday dinner table and enjoy watching the little ones’ faces light up with laughter.
Be sure to share this blog post with other parents and guardians who might appreciate some kid-friendly Thanksgiving humor too.
After all, laughter is the best medicine – especially around the holidays!
Ready For More Thanksgiving Fun? Check out our list of the best Thanksgiving content to bless your family:
- Here are our readers’ 25 favorite Thanksgiving read aloud books, the ones where they keep asking if they can have them read again.
- Do you have early readers at home? Get a jump on your holiday reading list with these 40 Thanksgiving-themed board books, perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners. Enjoy!
- Does your family watch the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special every year? Here are 50 of the most memorable Charlie Brown Thanksgiving quotes for every Peanuts fan.
Micah Klug is a wife, homeschooling mother to five children, and author. She teaches time-tested solutions to help parents remember what matters most in life, including strengthening their home, faith, and family relationships. To learn how a child who grew up in an authoritarian home is now creating an environment of peace and joy in her own home visit this page. If you want to contact Micah, send her an email here or email [email protected]