You’re going to love these 75+ inspirational President Nelson quotes about the coming days, Jesus Christ, the gathering of Israel, on love, and more.
As the world’s oldest living prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, President Russell M. Nelson has a wealth of experience and wisdom to share.
Throughout his life, he has shared many insights and pearls of wisdom that have touched the lives of those who hear them.
A Brief History of President Nelson
Russell M Nelson was born on September 9th, 1924, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
He was the second of ten children born to Marion D. and Gladys Nelson.
From a young age, he showed an aptitude for academic excellence and a love of learning.
He served as a missionary in the British Isles from 1948-1950 and later attended the University of Utah, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in agriculture.
He then went on to earn his doctorate in surgery from the same school.
In April of 1984, he was called to serve as an apostle of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
He served in this capacity for 34 years until he was called to be the Church’s 17th prophet in January of 2018.
As Prophet, he has continued to share his wisdom and insight with the world.
75+ Inspirational Quotes By President Nelson You Need To Read
Here are some of the most inspirational quotes by President Nelson that you need to read.
President Nelson Quotes In Coming Days
1. “In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost.”
2. “I am optimistic about the future. It will be filled with opportunities for each of us to progress, contribute, and take the gospel to every corner of the earth.”
3. “If we are to have any hope of sifting through the myriad of voices and the philosophies of men that attack truth, we must learn to receive revelation.”
4. “The choice to come unto Christ is not a matter of physical location; it is a matter of individual commitment.”
5. “Spiritual security will always depend upon how one lives, not where one lives. I promise that if we will do our best to exercise faith in Jesus Christ and access the power of His Atonement through repentance, we will have the knowledge and power of God to help us take the blessings of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people and to prepare the world for the Second Coming of the Lord.”
President Russell M Nelson Quotes For Youth
1. “Strength comes when you remember that you have a divine nature, an inheritance of infinite worth.”
2. “As you walk in the Lord’s path of righteousness, you will be blessed to continue in His goodness and be a light and a savior unto His people.”
3. “Each day is a day of decision, and our decisions determine our destiny.”
4. “The kingdom of God is not and cannot be complete without women who make sacred covenants and then keep them.”
In this article you’ll find the answers to your questions about the Old Testament prophetess Deborah. Included are characteristics of Deborah in the Bible, her role as a judge and warrior for Israel, and more. You will will learn all about this dynamic woman who played a significant role in the history of God’s chosen people.
5. “More of you young men and women will catch this wave as you strive to be worthy of mission calls. You see this as a wave of truth and righteousness. You see your opportunity to be on the crest of that wave.”
6. “Realizing our eternal destiny is dependent on our choices. It requires making and keeping sacred covenants. This covenant path is the way we come unto Christ and is based on absolute truth and eternal, unchanging law.”
President Russell M Nelson Quotes About Jesus Christ
1. “When we follow Jesus Christ, we act as He would act and love as He would love.”
2. “We are followers of Jesus Christ. The most important truth the Holy Ghost will ever witness to you is that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
3. “He lives! He is our Advocate with the Father, our Exemplar, and our Redeemer.”
4. “Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again.”
5. “We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory.”
6. “Our Father knows that when we are surrounded by uncertainty and fear, what will help us the very most is to hear His Son.”
7. “Because our living God is a loving God! He wants His children to gain immortality and eternal life!”
8. “Remember that the fulness of Christ’s ministry lies in the future.”
9. “The greatest gift you could give to the Lord is to keep yourself unspotted from the world, worthy to attend His holy house. His gift to you will be the peace and security of knowing that you are worthy to meet Him, whenever that time comes.”
10. “As you follow Jesus Christ, you will find sustained peace and true joy. As you keep your covenants with increasing precision, and as you defend the Church and kingdom of God on the earth today, the Lord will bless you with strength and wisdom to accomplish what only members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints can accomplish.”
11. “When we ponder His voluntary atonement, any sense of sacrifice on our part becomes completely overshadowed by a profound sense of gratitude for the privilege of serving Him.”
Here are 60 of our favorite Charlie Brown Christmas quotes from the movie that will fill you with the holiday spirit!
12. “The Lord’s way is the only way for us to experience enduring happiness. His way brings sustained comfort to our souls and perennial peace to our homes.”
13. “I hope that we are focused first upon the Lord Jesus Christ. Wise men still adore Him.”
14. “Jesus suffered deeply because He loves us deeply! He wants us to repent and be converted so that He can fully heal us.”
15. “The living Lord leads His living Church! The Lord reveals His will for the Church to His prophet.”
16. “Without our Redeemer’s infinite Atonement, not one of us would have hope of ever returning to our Heavenly Father. Without His Resurrection, death would be the end. Our Savior’s Atonement made eternal life a possibility and immortality a reality for all.”
17. “Faith in Jesus Christ propels us to do things we otherwise would not do. Faith that motivates us to action gives us more access to His power.
President Nelson Quotes Focus Of Our Lives
- “Hear Him.”
- “Do whatever it takes to strengthen your faith in Jesus Christ by increasing your understanding of the doctrine taught in His restored Church and by relentlessly seeking truth.”
- “It is mentally rigorous to strive to look unto Him in every thought. But, when we do, our doubts and fears flee.”
- “Study of the Book of Mormon is most rewarding when one focuses on its primary purpose—to testify of Jesus Christ.”
- “Family time is sacred time.“
- “As you choose to live on the Lord’s side, you are never alone.”
- “You can change. You can ‘come unto Christ, and be perfected in him.”
- “God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, but we are not. Each day, ours is the challenge to access the power of the Atonement so that we can truly change, become more Christlike, and qualify for the gift of exaltation and live eternally with God, Jesus Christ, and our families. For these powers, privileges, and gospel gifts, thanks be to God!”
- “Our inner peace comes only as we maintain the integrity of truth in all aspects of our lives. When we covenant to follow the Lord and obey His commandments, we accept His standards in every thought, action, and deed.”
- “True disciples of Jesus Christ are willing to stand out, speak up, and be different from the people of the world. They are undaunted, devoted, and courageous.”
President Russell M Nelson Quotes On Love
- “Let your faith show.”
- “All missionaries, younger and older, serve with the sole hope of making life better for other people.”
- “As grateful partners look for the good in each other and sincerely pay compliments to one another, wives and husbands will strive to become the persons described in those compliments.”
- “Every activity, every lesson, all we do in the Church, point to the Lord and His holy house.”
- “Act by inspiration, motivated by love.”
- “Feelings of worth come when a woman follows the example of the Master. Her sense of infinite worth comes from her own Christlike yearning to reach out with love, as He does.”
- “Integrity safeguards love, and love makes family life rich and zestful-now and forever.”
- “Obedience to the sacred covenants made in temples qualifies us for eternal life—the greatest gift of God to man.”
- “The noblest yearning of the human heart is for a marriage that can endure beyond death. Fidelity to a temple marriage does that. It allows families to be together forever.”
- “Harmony in marriage comes only when one esteems the welfare of his or her spouse among the highest of priorities.”
- “Marriages would be happier if nurtured more carefully.“
President Nelson Quotes on Gathering Israel
- “As part of the planned destiny of the earth and its inhabitants, our kindred dead are to be redeemed.”
- “Mercifully, the invitation to “come unto Christ” can also be extended to those who died without a knowledge of the gospel.”
- “Part of their preparation, however, requires the earthly efforts of others. We gather pedigree charts, create family group sheets, and do temple work vicariously to gather individuals unto the Lord and into their families.”
- “In our time, a whole, complete, and perfect union of all dispensations, keys, and powers are to be welded together.”
- “For these sacred purposes, holy temples now dot the earth. I emphasize again that construction of these temples may not change your life, but your service in the temple surely will.”
- “Be we reminded that the gathering of Israel is not the ultimate endpoint. It is but the beginning. The true endpoint is eternal life. It is that God’s children, in a covenant relationship with Him either by lineage or by adoption, will be able to dwell with Him and their families forever. That is God’s glory-eternal life for His children!”
- “No matter your situation, you can make family history a part of your life right now. Primary children can draw a family tree. Youth can participate in proxy baptisms. They can also help the older generation work with computers. Parents can relate stories of their lives to their posterity. Worthy adult members can hold a temple recommend and perform temple ordinances for their own kin.”
Most Recent President Russell M Nelson Quotes
- “I plead with you to increase your spiritual capacity to receive revelation.”
- “Choose to do the spiritual work required to enjoy the gift of the Holy Ghost and hear the voice of the Spirit more frequently and more clearly.”
- “The prophecies of His Second Coming have yet to be fulfilled. We are just building up to the climax of this last dispensation—when the Savior’s Second Coming becomes a reality.”
- “The time is coming when those who do not obey the Lord will be separated from those who do. Our safest insurance is to continue to be worthy of admission to His holy house.”
- “We do not need to let our fears displace our faith. We can combat those fears by strengthening our faith.”
- “Why do we need such resilient faith? Because difficult days are ahead. Rarely in the future will it be easy or popular to be a faithful Latter-day Saint. Each of us will be tested. The Apostle Paul warned that in the latter days, those who diligently follow the Lord “shall suffer persecution.””
- “Anchored in pure doctrine, you will be able to step forward with faith and dogged persistence and cheerfully do all that lies in your power to fulfill the purposes of the Lord.”
- “Be patient with yourself. Perfection comes not in this life, but in the next life. Don’t demand things that are unreasonable, but demand of yourself improvement. As you let the Lord help you through that, He will make the difference.”
- “Do not minimize the faith you already have. It takes faith to join the Church and remain faithful. It takes faith to follow prophets rather than pundits and popular opinion. It takes faith to serve a mission during a pandemic. It takes faith to live a chaste life when the world shouts that God’s law of chastity is now outmoded. It takes faith to teach the gospel to children in a secular world. It takes faith to plead for the life of a loved one and even more faith to accept a disappointing answer.”
- ” Obedience allows God’s blessings to flow without constraint. He will bless His obedient children with freedom from bondage and misery. And He will bless them with more light.”
Timeless Quotes Said By President Nelson
- “The Book of Mormon is a gift from God to all humankind.”
- “A perfect body is not required to achieve a divine destiny.”
- “The preparation of future missionaries begins in the family.”
- “No other work transcends that of righteous, intentional parenting!”
- “Above all, do not be selfish! Generate a spirit of selflessness and generosity. Celebrate and commemorate each day together as a treasured gift from heaven.”
- “Truth, covenants, and ordinances enable us to overcome fear and face the future with faith.”
- “Even if everyone is doing it, wrong is never right.”
- “When we speak of faith “the faith that can move mountains” we are not speaking of faith in general but of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ can be bolstered as we learn about Him and live our religion. The doctrine of Jesus Christ was designed by the Lord to help us increase our faith.”
- “Remember: sin, even if legalized by man, is still sin in the eyes of God.”
- “To those who feel defeated and downtrodden, look to the early hours of the day for your rescue…Shadows of yesterday’s grief melt in the rays of early morn’s opportunity.”
- “A strong human spirit with control over appetites of the flesh is master over emotions and passions and not a slave to them. That kind of freedom is as vital to the spirit as oxygen is to the body! Freedom from self-slavery is true liberation!”
- “Now is the time to prepare to meet God. Tomorrow may be too late.”
President Russel Nelson’s words of wisdom are worth sharing. We hope you enjoyed these quotes as much as we did, and that you will take a moment to share them with your friends on social media. What was your favorite quote? Let us know in the comments below!
To learn more about President Russell M Nelson or the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints you can read some of his most recent counsel here.
Micah Klug is a wife, homeschooling mother to five children, and author. She teaches time-tested solutions to help parents remember what matters most in life, including strengthening their home, faith, and family relationships. To learn how a child who grew up in an authoritarian home is now creating an environment of peace and joy in her own home visit this page. If you want to contact Micah, send her an email here or email [email protected].