As a parent, you want to be sure you’re asking your kids the right questions. You don’t want to miss out on any important details, but you also don’t want to overwhelm them.
When You Feel Like Connecting With Your Kid Is Hard, Try This!
What are some of the most important questions to ask your kids? As a parent, it’s natural to want to know everything about your child’s life.
However, it can be difficult to strike the right balance between asking too many questions and not enough.
Here are some essential questions to ask your kids that will help you get to know them better and ensure you don’t miss any important details.
Somewhere is better than nowhere, but the first step is the hardest to take.
When it comes to starting, building, or cultivating a lasting connection with your child you need to remember this secret:
Meet them where they are.
Children, especially teenagers, have an innate desire to feel needed.
If you’re wanting a family-approved and tested list of ways to spend quality time with your kids, then you’ll love all of these ideas.
They want to be understood, felt wanted, and to know your mistakes rather than your perfections.
If you’re serious about building an instant connection with your children, help them understand your heart by meeting them where they are in their life’s journey.
They need to know they can trust you.
The Ultimate List of Questions For Kids To Strengthen Your Friendship
I had requirements for the questions to make this list.
They had to be funny, insightful, or ones that would strengthen the child-parent bond.
These questions would be perfect to ask on your next mother-daughter or son date. Here’s a list of date ideas you’ll both love.
Would You Rather Questions For Kids
1. Would you rather have a magic carpet that flies or your own personal robot?
2. Would you rather eat donuts or candy?
3. Would you rather only be able to wear your swimsuit for the rest of your life or only be able to wear pants and a winter coat?
4. Would you rather play hide and seek or dodgeball?
5. Would you rather be an incredibly fast swimmer or an incredibly fast runner?
6. Would you rather always be dressed up or always wear your pajamas?
7. Would you rather have the chance to design a new toy or create a new TV show?
8. Would you rather live in a house shaped like a circle or a house shaped like a triangle?
9. Would you rather be the funniest person alive or the smartest person alive?
10. Would you rather live where it is always dark outside or always light outside?
11. Would you rather have a magic carpet that flies or a see-through submarine?
12. Would you rather live on the Moon or live on Mars?
13. Would you rather have a new silly hat appear in your closet every morning or a new pair of shoes appear in your closet once a week?
14. Would you rather see a giant ant or a tiny giraffe?
15. Would you rather be able to create a new holiday or create a new language?
16. Would you rather eat pizza for every meal or ice cream for every meal?
17. Would you rather read minds or be invisible?
18. Would you rather be a wizard or a superhero?
19. Would you rather only be able to whisper or have an incredibly loud voice?
20. Would you rather constantly itch or always have a cough?
21. Would you rather never have any homework or be paid 10$ per hour for doing your homework?
22. Would you rather discover a hidden treasure or discover a living dinosaur?
23. Would you rather be the author of a popular book or a musician in a band who released a popular album?
24. Would you rather eat one live nonpoisonous spider or have fifty nonpoisonous spiders crawl on you all at once?
World You Rather Road Trip Questions For Kids
25. Would you rather eat a popsicle or a cupcake?
26. Would you rather drink water or drink sour milk?
27. Would you rather go to an amusement park or ice skating?
28. Would you rather win a million dollars or earn a million dollars?
29. Would you rather ride on an air balloon or ride in an airplane?
30. Would you rather go on a roller coaster or go on a cruise ship?
31. Would you rather sleep in a hammock or sleep in a bunk bed?
32. Would you rather be incredibly flexible and never break anything by accident or be really strong and never break anything by accident?
33. Would you rather be able to fly or breathe underwater?
34. Would you rather read the next 300 books in a series or watch the next 300 movies in a series?
35. Would you rather win all of the prizes at a carnival or eat all of the food at a buffet?
36. Would you rather eat fast food or cook your own meal?
37. Would you rather have ten best friends or one best friend?
38. Would you rather be incredibly strong and very sensitive to pain or extremely kind and really happy about it all the time?
39. Would you rather spend your life trying to find treasure or spend your life creating art that will last for ages?
40. Would you rather be a famous singer or a famous politician?
41. Would you rather build a tree house over summer break or watch movies over Christmas break?
42. Would you rather eat ice or eat cubes of cheese?
43. Would you rather go to school or go to church?
44. Would you rather get a free sports car or a free trip to the Olympics?
45. Would you rather get $100 every day for the rest of your life or get $100,000 once in your lifetime?
46. Would you rather have no sense of humor or no sense of taste?
Would You Rather Truth Questions For Kids
Tick up those curiosity levels with these exciting truth or dare questions for kids. They will make kids think outside their comfort zone.
47. Would you rather live during the medieval times or live during modern times?
48. Would you rather keep kids busy all the time or keep adults busy all the time?
49. Would you rather build an animal shelter or build a house for your family?
50. Would you rather be stuck in one place or move around all the time?
51. Would you rather eat nothing but vegetables for dinner every night or only have candy as food every night?
52. Would you rather watch kids or babies when you’re babysitting?
53. Would you rather travel the world or read the encyclopedia?
54. Would you rather be able to read people’s minds or be invisible?
55. Would you rather only be able to follow directions or give amazing directions all the time?
56. Would you rather take over the world or become the president of the United States?
57. Would you rather have a million dollars or do absolutely nothing for two weeks?
58. Would you rather have pancakes for dinner every day or waffles for breakfast every day?
59. Would you rather be the most popular kid in school or be incredibly rich with no friends?
60. Would you rather play a board game or go on a walk?
61. Would you rather color your hair pink or have green hair?
62. Would you rather be really good at math or really good at science?
63. Would you rather ask lots of questions or never have to ask any questions?
64. Would you rather be the first person at dinner or the last person at dinner?
65. Would you rather go ice-skating every day for a year or play in a hockey game every day for a year?
66. Would you rather fly on an airplane or ride in a train?
67. Would you rather play a video game or watch TV?
68. Would you rather answer trivial questions from your parents or answer conversation starters from you teacher?
Have You Ever Questions For Kids
69. Have you ever fallen asleep at school?
70. Have you ever enjoyed a fun family game night? What game did everyone play?
71. Have you ever made silly faces to the passing cars when your parents were driving?
72. Have you ever told one person a secret and then told everyone else that same secret?
73. Have you ever gone to a surprise party?
74. Have you ever been scared when jumping off the diving board?
75. Have you ever left chewing gum in your mouth when you slept, only to find it in your hair the next day?
76. Have you ever gone on a road trip with your family?
77. Have you ever played at the park with other kids, but they didn’t want to play what you wanted to play?
78. Have you ever tried to break a board with your hand?
79. Have you ever fought over the TV remote because no one was watching anything good on TV anyway?
80. Have you ever left school early because your parents forgot to pick you up?
81. Have you ever daydreamed about being a pop star or movie star?
82. Have you ever eaten something bad for you because it looked so good?
Have You Ever Funny Questions For Kids
83. Have you ever accidentally called someone by the wrong name in front of others, only to laugh about it later when you realized your mistake?
84. Have you ever tried to make a daring escape through your bedroom window? What happened?
85. Have you ever regretted having social media accounts?
86. Have you ever written an ultimate list of places you want to see and adventures you want to have?
87. Have you every forgiven a family member for a wrong they committed against you?
88. Have you ever enjoyed coloring pages when you were a kid?
89. Have you ever wanted to be someone else for a day?
90. Have you ever wondered what it would be like if your favorite movie was turned into a TV show?
91. Have you ever told someone not in your family, “I love you”?
92. Have you ever thought you could watch a baby when you’re babysitting?
93. Have you ever asked questions you’ve not found answers to?
94. Have you ever said “no” when you were asked to play a drinking game?
95. Have you ever said something so funny that milk came out your nose?
96. Have you ever played games on your phone while waiting in line?
97. Have you ever laughed so hard that everyone around you thought you were losing it?
Have You Ever Questions To Ask Kids To Get To Know Them
98. Have you ever wished for superpowers, but only certain superpowers and not others because they’d be useless without having other powers too?
99. Have you ever put a smile on someone else’s face?
100. Have you ever met the wrong person and spent time with them because they looked like someone you thought was a friend?
101. Have you ever been upset over something small and learned to let go of the issue?
102. Have you ever played a videogame that was so bad that it’s hilarious?
103. Have you ever thought of baby names for your future children?
104. Have you ever asked your friends or family some funny questions and were surprised by their answers?
105. Have you ever learned different ways to do things, only to realize later that your way was the best?
106. Have you ever tried to burp the alphabet?
107. Have you ever pulled a prank on your teacher?
108. Have you ever skipped class?
109. Have you ever got in trouble for eating in class?
110. Have you ever stayed up late watching TV?
111. Have you ever eaten food that fell on the floor?
112. Have you ever tried to predict your grade on an assignment?
113. Have you ever had a pet die?
114. Have you ever gotten in trouble for doing something at school?
115. Have you ever done something that surprised your parents?
116. Have you ever tried to do a cartwheel but landed on your head instead?
117. Have you ever wanted dessert instead of dinner?
Have You Ever Fun Questions To Ask Kids
118. Have you ever wanted to do something so bad you couldn’t sleep?
119. Have you ever tried to talk your parent out of grounding you?
120. Have you ever told a lie and gotten away with it?
121. Have you ever brought food into the movie theater?
122. Have you ever blamed something on your sibling that they didn’t do?
123. Have you ever realized that your parents are people too?
124. Have you ever gotten away with doing something that you weren’t supposed to do?
125. Have you ever wanted to be a toddler or child again?
126. Have you ever pretended that something wasn’t scary, just so you wouldn’t get scared?
127. Have you ever tried to eat an ice cream cone really fast and ended up wearing more than eating it?
128. Have you ever tried to do flips on your bed?
129. Have you ever tried to jump into the deep end of the pool without knowing how to swim?
130. Have you ever wanted to stay home from school, so you could have a day all to yourself?
131. Have you ever tried to do homework during the commercial breaks of your favorite TV show?
132. Have you ever wanted to go back in time and relive an awesome moment again?
133. Have you ever had an argument with your best friend that ended up being over something really dumb that neither of you can remember?
Yes Or No Questions For Kids
134. Have you ever wanted to be someone else?
135. Have you ever tried to fly using your superhero cape?
136. Have you ever woken up with gum in your hair without knowing how it got there?
137. Have you ever said something to your sibling that you regret?
138. Have you ever left something for someone to find, just so they would discover it completely by themselves and act surprised when they finally found it?
139. Have you ever wanted to take back something you said?
140. Have you ever purposely waited until the last second to do something important?
141. Have you ever tried to talk to the animals in the zoo?
142. Have you ever tried something terribly scary, just because your friends dared you?
143. Have you ever secretly wished that something had never happened?
144. Have you ever felt like an outsider trying to fit in with your classmates?
145. Have you ever tried to guess the weight of a person in one of your classes?
146. Have you ever taken something out of its usual place just so you could put it back in another unusual spot to see if anyone would notice?
147. Have you ever wanted to have superpowers?
148. Have you ever felt like everyone was against you even when they weren’t?
149. Have you ever listened to a song over and over again until your parents got frustrated?
150. Have you ever wanted to be part of a secret club?
151. Have you jumped on the bed, thinking that you would bounce high enough to touch the ceiling?
152. Have you ever wished your family were superheroes instead of regular people who make mistakes like everyone else?
153. Have you ever wanted to do something really badly and then ended up not doing it at all?
154. Have you ever broken a rule by accident and not told on yourself?
155. Have you ever wanted to do something just so that your parents would be really proud of you and tell everyone they know?
156. Have you ever wanted to make your own secret handshake with your friends?
157. Have you ever written down all the places that you want to visit when you’re older?
158. Have you ever wished that your parents would let you do something differently than they did or in a different way than they did it?
Fun Questions To Ask Kids At Dinner
159. Where is the most wonderful place you’ve ever been?
160. If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?
161. What is your favorite memory?
162. Where is your favorite family vacation spot?
163. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
164. Who is someone in history that you’d like to be friends with? Why?
165. What is something that you don’t understand about grownups?
166. If you were in a band, what instrument would you play? Why?
167. If you could be president for the day, what would you do?
168. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?
169. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do?
170. What are you excited to do when you’re a grownup?
171. If you could change one thing about me, what would it be?
172. If you could, what two animals would you combine?
173. If there were ever a zombie apocalypse, which one of your friends would survive?
174. What is the worst smell in the world?
175. If you could, what type of animal would you be?
176. If you could change your name, what would you name yourself? Why?
177. What’s something you’d like to learn how to do?
178. What’s the greatest thing about being you?
179. If your pet could talk, what would it say?
180. What’s your biggest dream that you wish would come true?
181. What is the greatest thing ever invented?
182. Where is one place you want to travel to one day?
183. If you had superpowers, what would they be?
Deep Questions To Ask Kids
184. If God gives you a spouse and kids, what kind of family do you want to have for yourself someday?
185. What makes someone smart?
186. How do you know that God is near, or when/where do you feel His presence the most?
187. What are some of your favorite things that God created in nature?
188. Who do you feel created our solar system?
189. Do you think there is life on other planets?
190. What gifts do other people in your family have that are a blessing to you?
191. What is the most important thing you’ve learned from the Bible?
192. Is there anyone who needs your prayers today?
193. What do you think about when you think of heaven?
194. If you could meet one person from the Bible, who would it be and why?
195. Are there any worries or fears that you need to release to God?
196. Why do you think God put us together as a family? What is your role in our family?
197. What was the kindest thing you said or did today? Who needs an extra bit of your kindness?
198. What gifts do you have that you could use to bless others?
199. What is something you want to thank God for today?
200. If you could ask God one question right now, what would it be?
201. If you knew today was your last day on Earth, what would you want to tell other people? What would you do that day?
202. If God’s love was a color, what color would it be and why?
203. Did you ask anyone if they needed you to pray for them today?
204. What’s one way you know mom/dad loves Jesus?
205. Is there anything happening in your life today that you need to ask God for help?
206. What did you do to make God smile today?
207. What is the coolest Bible story you’ve read or heard recently and why?
208. What do you think is the coolest thing God ever made?
209. When you’re scared, what can you remember about God to help you trust Him?
210. Do you have any prayer requests since I last saw you and we prayed this morning?
211. When you think about Jesus giving his life for your sins, how does that make you feel?
101 Fun Questions To Ask Kids About School
212. How did you help another student or teacher, today?
213. What was something that happened today that made you feel scared or alone?
214. If you could be the teacher tomorrow, how would you do things?
215. Who do you want to make friends with that you haven’t already?
216. If you could stop doing anything in your school day, what would it be?
217. If you could add anything to your school day, what would it be?
218. What is the most popular thing to do at recess?
219. What subject would you love to learn that isn’t taught in school?
220. Did you catch anyone doing something funny?
221. If one of your classmates could be the teacher for the day who would you want it to be? Why?
222. What was something you did today that made you feel brave?
223. Which person in your class is your exact opposite?
224. If you could change one thing about your day, what would it be?
225. If you had the chance to be the teacher tomorrow, what would you teach the class?
226. If you could switch seats with anyone in the class, who would it be? And why?
227. How did you show kindness or love today?
228. If your teacher had $500 to spend on the classroom, what do you think she would buy?
229. What other job do you think your teacher would be really good at besides teaching? What would they be really bad at?
230. If anyone in the world could be your teacher for a day who would it be?
231. Are there times when you feel left out?
232. If you had a camera at school today, what picture would you have taken?
233. What is your least favorite part of the school building? And favorite?
234. Which one of your teachers would survive a zombie apocalypse? Why?
235. What was the nicest thing you did for someone else?
236. Was anyone sitting alone at lunch today? And if they are tomorrow, what can you do about it?
Random Questions for Kids
237. If you could give your brother or sister one gift – any gift at all, what would you give them?
238. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
239. Where do you feel safest?
240. What do you wish your friends or classmates knew about you?
241. How would you describe your family?
242. If you could change one thing about the past, what would it be?
243. What is one thing you would like to learn to do well?
244. How would you describe a perfect day for you?
245. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
246. What do you wish your parents knew about you?
247. What do you think is the best thing about being a mom or dad?
248. When do you feel misunderstood by your parents?
249. If you could have any 3 wishes granted, what would they be?
250. If you could know something about your future, what would it be?
251. What is your happiest memory?
252. Do you know someone who is going through a hard time? How can you help them?
253. If you could change your name, would you want to and what name would you choose instead?
254. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
255. Who is the kindest person you know? Why?
256. What do you do when people don’t seem to like you?
257. When is the last time someone hurt your feelings? How did you react?
258. What’s something that makes you angry?
259. If you could keep only one thing, out of everything you have, what would it be?
260. What is the scariest thing that happened this year?
261. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
Funny Questions For Kids About Their Family
262. How old is mom/dad?
263. What does mom/dad do for work?
264. What is mom/dad’s favorite food?
265. What is mom/dad’s favorite color?
266. What do you think you will remember the most about mom/dad when you’re all grown up?
267. How tall is your mom/dad?
268. What time does your mom/dad wake in the morning?
269. If you could do something like your Dad/Mom do, what would you want to be able to do?
270. What is something mom/dad always says to you?
271. What is something mom/dad is really good at?
272. What is something mom/dad is NOT good at?
273. What do you love doing with your mom/dad the most?
274. If mom/dad were a character in a book/movie, who would he/she be and why?
275. When are you most proud of your mom/dad?
276. How are you and your mom/dad the same?
277. How are you and your mom/dad different?
278. If we had an airplane to take us on vacation right now, where would you want to go as a family?
279. If mom/dad had one million dollars, what would he/she do with the money?
280. What is the most important thing your mom/dad has taught you?
281. What is something you wish your mom/dad would teach you?
282. What is something you never thought you could tell me but maybe want to tell me now?
283. If you could tell your mom/dad anything, what would you want them to know?
284. What is your favorite memory with your mom/dad?
285. What is your favorite gift your mom/dad has given you and why?
286. Is there anything you have always wanted to ask me but didn’t? Do you want to ask me now?
287. What is the funniest word you know?
288. If you built a house when you grew up, what would your house look like?
289. If the story of YOU became a movie, how would the movie end?
290. How many kids are you going to have when you’re older?
291. What rule will you have as an adult for your home?
292. Do you ever think about renaming the colors of your crayons?
293. If you could give $100 to a charity, which would you choose?
294. If you could grow anything in the yard, what would it be?
295. If you drew everything that came to your head, what would you be drawing right now?
296. What’s the funniest thing you saw today/this week?
297. What animal would make a great driver?
298. You’re a photographer for a day, what would you take pictures of?
299. If you had a pet unicorn, what would you name it?
300. If you wrote a book, what would you name the main character and where would he go?
301. Pretend you’re a chef and tell me about your restaurant. What foods do you serve?
302. If you opened a store, what would you sell?
303. How would you design a treehouse?
304. If you could design a t-shirt, what would you draw or write on it?
305. If you joined the circus, what would your circus act be?
306. If you had to give everyone in the family new names, what would they be?
307. Do you have any inventions in your brain?
308. If all your clothes could only be one color, what color would you choose?
309. If you designed clothes, what would they look like?
310. What character makes you laugh the most?
311. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, where would you go to get it and what would it be?
Road Trip Questions For Kids
312. If you could trade lives with anyone for a day who would it be and why?
313. If your plane was about to crash& who would you want sitting ne8t to you?
314. What is one food you wouldn’t want to give up?
315. If you had access to a time machine where and when would you go?
316. What’s your favorite memory of us?
317. If you were stranded on a tropical island what 2 things would you want with you?
318. If you woke up and could plan the “perfect day”, what would you do that day?
319. What is the first thing you think of when you walk into our home?
320. If you could change one thing about your looks what would it be?
321. What do you love the most about your brother or sister?
322. If you could be any flavor of ice cream what ice cream flavor would you be and why?
323. What do you wish we would do differently as a family?
324. Tell me something about you that you think I might not know.
325. If you could paint anything what would you paint?
326. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet?
327. When you’re having a bad day, who or what helps you to feel better?
328. What would you do with 15 minutes of fame?
329. What is one thing that annoys you the most?
330. What compliment do people give you the most?
331. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten (besides your mom/dads cooking)?
332. If you could win any award what would it be and why?
333. What has been the best day of your life?
334. What has been the worst day of your life?
335. What could mom/dad do to be a better parent for you?
336. What would you do if you made the rules at home?
Most Likely To Questions For Kids
337. Who is most likely to eat something gross?
338. Who is most likely to wear mismatched shoes?
339. Who is most likely to say something stupid?
340. Who is most likely to embarrass themselves in public?
341. Who is most likely to eat something weird?
342. Who is most likely to survive a zombie apocalypse?
343. Who is most likely to leave social media and never return?
344. Who is most likely to decorate a night stand?
345. Who is most likely to watch a horror movie on Christmas?
346. Who is most likely to break a world record?
347. Who is most likely to wear mismatched socks?
348. Who is most likely to compete on a reality show? (Which one?)
349. Who is most likely to forget an important event?
350. Who is most likely to get lost in a public place?
351. Who is most likely to be the first one to jump off a cliff?
352. Who is most likely to eat cat food?
353. Who is most likely to forget to buy the dog food?
354. Who is most likely to get married first?
355. Who is most likely to one day become president?
356. Who is most likely to eat something gross?
357. Who is most likely embarrass their friends?
358. Who is most likely to say hi to someone they don’t know?
359. Who is most likely to be the first to try a new food?
360. Who is most likely to forget an important event?
361. Who is most likely to give up halfway through a task?
362. Who is most likely to eat a bug on accident?
363. Who is most likely to vote in an election?
364. Who is most likely to stay out late at night?
365. Who is most likely to have the craziest family?
366. Who is most likely to make a list for everything in their lives?
367. Who is most likely to cheer for the opposing team at a football game?
368. Who is most likely to love the unlovable?
369. Who is most likely to be the first one in line?
370. Who is most likely to sleep in until noon every day?
371. Who is most likely to make people laugh when they really need it?
372. Who is most likely to say something sweet?
373. Who is most likely to be on time to everything?
374. Who is most likely to work at a soup kitchen?
375. Who is most likely to have the biggest impact in your life?
376. Who is most likely to give someone else a compliment?
377. Who is most likely to be the best athlete at school?
378. Who is most likely to come up with fun ways out of tough situations?
379. Who is most likely to invent something amazing?
380. Who is most likely to master a foreign language?
381. Who is most likely to buy the last piece of cake in the cafeteria?
382. Who is most likely to have a great sense of style?
383. Who is most likely to play a sport?
384. Who is most likely to take a long drive for no reason?
385. Who is most likely to spend their summer vacation reading a book?
386. Who is most likely to help someone in need without being asked?
387. Who is most likely to be the first one out of the pool during free swim time at school?
388. Who is most likely to spend a lot of time pregnant as they grow their family?
389. Who is most likely to make a big impact on the lives of their friends?
390. Who is most likely to give you tickets to a concert or show?
391. Who is most likely to be happy no matter what happens in life?
392. Who is most likely to feel awkward and out of place around new people?
393. Who is most likely to forgive someone even if they shouldn’t?
394. Who is most likely to be great at taking selfies?
395. Who is most likely to win the lottery someday?
396. Who is most likely to love animals and become a zoologist when they grow up?
397. Who is most likely to start their own business some day? (What kind?)
Birthday Questions For Kids
This list of birthday interview questions can quickly become a keepsake for years to come.
A birthday interview is such an exciting event, especially for little ones.
But sometimes in the chaos of life we forget to write these keepsakes down…so we’ve come up with a list of questions for you to ask your children on their birthday.
By recording their answers, you’ll have a special gift for years to come.
Interview Questions To Ask Your Child On Their Birthday
398. What is your favorite thing in the entire world?
399. What is your favorite toy?
400. What is your favorite book?
401. What do you love most about your family?
402. What is your favorite movie?
403. What is your favorite food?
404. Who is your best friend?
405. Where would you most like to travel?
406. What would you most like to learn about doing/making/creating?
407. Would you rather have free ice cream or free pizza for a year?
408. What is something you think you could be really good at?
409. What is your favorite time of year and why?
410. When do you feel most loved by your family?
411. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be and why?
412. If you could meet any famous person, who would it be and why?
413. If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be and why?
414. What is your favorite thing to play with your sibling(s)?
415. Which do you like better, dogs or cats?
416. Who is the funniest person in your family?
417. What is the best part about being your age?
418. If you were President for a day, what would you do and why?
419. When was the last time you made someone smile?
420. Who’s the most helpful person in your family?
421. What is one thing you wish you could tell your parents?
422. If you could have any pet in the world, what would it be and why?
423. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be and why?
424. What is your favorite part of birthday parties?
425. What is one thing kids love that parents might not like?
426. Who says the silliest things in your family?
427. What idea are you most proud of?
428. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
429. What are 3 things that make you laugh out loud on a daily basis?
430. When was the last time you helped someone with something big or small?
431. What’s one thing you wish adults understood about kids?
432. What’s the nicest thing a friend has ever done for you?
433. If you could make up your own holiday, what would it be and why?
434. What is something that makes life easier or better for you and your family?
435. What do we not have at home that you really want to try?
436. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you want to see?
437. What makes your heart explode with happiness?
438. If your family was an ice cream flavor, what would it be and why?
439. Which of your friends has the best ideas?
Questions To Ask Little Kids (Perfect For Toddlers)
This list of questions is perfect for preschoolers and other elementary aged children to get your kid talking.
You can ask them these fun questions when you pick them up from school, at the dinner table, or in the car.
Most on this list are open ended questions, which is great for conversations and kid-friendly discussions.
440. What is your favorite thing about home?
441. What is one thing you love eating?
442. What are some silly baby names?
443. What is the first thing you do after waking up in the morning?
444. Where is your favorite place in the entire world?
445. What is your favorite color? Why?
446. What is your favorite subject to learn in school?
447. If you could be any ice cream flavor, what flavor would you be?
448. What are three things every adult needs to have in their car?
449. What is your favorite book?
450. What are some silly questions you like to ask your teacher?
451. What is your favorite thing to play at recess?
452. What would you like people to know about you that they might not already know?
453. If you could make any animal noise, what would it be and why?
454. Who are your best friends?
Get A Conversation Started With These Questions
455. What do you love most about your friends?
456. What is your favorite thing to do with family time?
457. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
458. What is your favorite food?
459. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
460. What’s your favorite game to play at school recess?
461. What’s the first thing you do every morning when you wake up?
462. Who is your favorite person right now?
463. Would you want a pet snake or a pet spider?
464. What do you love most about grandma/grandpa?
465. What is your best memory with Grandma/Grandpa?
466. Who was your favorite baby animal?
467. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever seen?
468. How do you think animals communicate with each other?
469. What’s something that made you laugh recently?
470. If you could invent something, what would it be and why?
471. What is something that makes you laugh?
472. What is one thing your parents tell you all the time?
473. If you could tell God about your life, what would you want him to know?
474. What do you think will happen tomorrow?
475. What are some funny questions you love asking people?
476. Do you think kids talking to grownups make grownup people happy or sad?
477. If you could change anything about the world, what would it be and why?
478. What is your favorite animal? Why?
479. Who is your biggest hero and why?
480. What’s one thing you want to be when you grow up?
481. If you could wish for one thing right now, what would it be?
482. What do you think the future will look like?
483. What is something about you that makes you special to others?
484. If there was one thing everyone could agree on, what would it be and why?
485. What are three of your favorite things that are important to you?
486. What do you feel is most important in family life?
487. Where is your favorite place to read a book?
488. What are some things you can do all by yourself that make you proud of yourself?
489. Who is someone you look up to?
490. What are three things you love about your family?
491. What is one thing you can’t wait until tomorrow to do?
492. If you could do anything without getting in trouble, what would it be?
493. What’s one question everyone should ask an animal they meet?
494. What are some funny questions you like to ask your friends?
495. If there was one thing you could change about the world, what would it be and why?
496. Where is your favorite place in nature that you like to play at?
497. If there was one wish you could make come true, what would it be and why?
498. What are three of your favorite things about school?
499. What is something you want to learn how to do this year?
500. If you could ask God one question, what would it be and why?
Fun Trivia Questions To Ask Your Children
501. Who was the first Disney princess to have a movie?
502. What is the name of Sleeping Beauty’s prince?
503. What are the names of Cinderella’s stepsisters?
504. Who was the villain in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?
505. What is the capital of our country?
506. What does our country’s flag look like?
More Fun For Kids:
We hope you enjoyed this list of questions to ask your kids. If you did, please share it with a friend and ask them to do the same.
As parents, we owe it to our children to help them learn about themselves and the world around them.
Don’t stop here, check out the Authentic Connection Collection Bundle for MORE ways to strengthen your relationship with your child. There’s no need to find yourself in a battle of bad attitudes, arguing, or even the silent treatment. No matter how old your child is, you’ll learn how to dive deep into their heart, develop a parent-friendship that will allow you and your child to have honest and respectful conversations as you connect on a deeper, more meaningful level.
Now it’s your turn—what question would you add to this list? Let us know in the comments below.
Micah Klug is a wife, homeschooling mother to five children, and author. She teaches time-tested solutions to help parents remember what matters most in life, including strengthening their home, faith, and family relationships. To learn how a child who grew up in an authoritarian home is now creating an environment of peace and joy in her own home visit this page. If you want to contact Micah, send her an email here or email [email protected].